Wednesday 26 January 2011

An award winning menu.

As the current holder of the award for the most revolting cough and cold I am not venturing towards the kitchen to cook or recipe test. I'm sitting up in bed with a Lemsip, a laptop and a large box of tissues trying to focus my mind on the task ahead. However less of my cold and more about the upcoming month. As the awards season is now upon us a number of you may well be planning an Oscars party, why not let me, the blog and Movie Dinners the book help you to organise an evening to remember. You might not win a coveted gold statuette but you will have fun and any smiles to camera won't have to be forced.

83rd Academy Awards

A suggested menu

Charlie and the chocolate factory cabbage soup (in honour of Helena Bonham Carter)

Spaghetti and meatballs (Lady and the Tramp)

Ratatouille (Ratatouille) Vegetarian

Ice cream sundaes (Comfort and Joy)

Wash the whole lot down with Sex and the City cosmopolitans and toast the winners with a bottle of James Bond's favourite Dom Perignon.

Should the time difference mean you are up at breakfast time or if you are lucky enough to have to soak up the alcohol from an Oscars after party then can I suggest these. Not exactly a food from a movie but very close!

Of course these are only suggestions. there are many more recipes on the blog and in the book.

Movie Dinners

Plan the menu, roll out the red carpet, send out your very own gold envelopes and have a fantastic time. I'd love to hear about your plans and your parties. if I can be of any help just let me know.

No comments: