Sunday 9 January 2011

Answers on a postcard please.

There are times when I wonder if I use posting on Reel Meals as an excuse to avoid doing those mundane tasks all mothers hate. It hasn't worked today as I've already done a load of washing, ironed the school uniform, deep cleaned the girls bathroom and got the pot roast and the apple crumble ready for tonight's tea.
Perhaps others perceive me to be hogging the comfy chair by the computer because they want to Facebook and Twitter themselves.


So guys be my excuse to be cooking and posting. Is there a meal you have seen on screen that you'd like to recreate but are not sure how to go about it? Ask away and I will see what I can do.
This week I'm going to be working on the shrimp from Forrest Gump (purely because I don't trust myself to make a "box of chocolates"without putting myself into a diabetic coma!) but after that I'm not really sure. I'm certain the muse wil strike but help me out please.

N.B. Eating Raoul and Delicatessen are non starters as the main ingredients needed are not readily available in my local Waitrose.

2 comments:

Jo said...

What a fantastic idea. I will have a think and get back to you :-)

Cooking The Books said...

I look forward to that.