Monday 1 November 2010

The light at the end of the tunnel!



I'd be a complete liar if I didn't admit that there are several thrills associated with writing a book and seeing it published. Top of the list has to be holding a final copy, seeing your name in print and hoping others will see it too. Following quite close, is hearing what others think of your work. I prefer the complimentary ones but even those that are less than cheery help me, an accidental author, to improve my craft.

I think most authors would agree with me on the above points but as someone only relatively recently published the next item on my list is probably seen as quite immature but I get a huge thrill from seeing my book in a proper shop.

Today for the first time I spotted Movie Dinners in WH Smiths. (See the above rather grainy photo taken on my mobile earlier today) It was my local branch so I did ask a shop assistant if they had a policy of getting books in by local authors. I wondered if they had done me a favour as I live a few miles away. No, came the answer, we just get what we get! I'm so pleased they got me, well Movie Dinners anyway. And they put me next to Nigella!





No comments: