Saturday 7 June 2008

I have seen the future

Well maybe that is just a little too over stated but I have seen the inside layout of the book. The future is bright, the future is orange. To be more precise as befits a nostalgic trip through the late 60's and 70's the future is brown, beige and orange, with a hint of psychadelic patterning.

One slightly sad outcome was that as the book is running over (too bloody long in publisher speak) I had to decide on three recipes to cut.

I know this sounds very wet and more than a little ridiculous but I felt like stamping my foot and saying "No!" This is my master work, my opus, how can you cut genius. I didn't of course, I said "OK" and chose three recipes to cut. Not my least favourites but ones I could combine into others - sneeky huh!


One good thing to come from this will be my chance to post a few bonus recipes on this site for people to enjoy(?) before the book is published. On second thoughts perhaps I should wait for people to buy the book before they discover what my writing really is like.

Next week should see the final decisions being made on the cover design. This is crucial in how it attracts the eye of the would be purchaser as it nestles up against all the other books on that table, if I'm lucky, or the bargain bin if I'm not, in Waterstones. (Other booksellers are available).

As for me whilst the look of the book is very important for sales just so long as I see my name on a book jacket I will be ecstatic.

No comments: